Rio School District (District), Riverpark-Legacy Development Removal Action Workplan (RAW)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Rio School District (District), Riverpark-Legacy Development Removal Action Workplan (RAW)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The RAW specifies mitigation procedures to be implemented at the proposed Riverpark-Legacy Intermediate School for the installation of a methane mitigation system for soils impacted with elevated levels of methane. Installation will occur in conjunction with school construction activities. By utilizing the natural tendency for methane to migrate to the surface, the system would effectively capture the methane and direct it away from structures where it could accumulate. The system would therefore meet the Removal Action Objective of prevention of methane accumulation in the structures. The selected methane control measures include a sub floor membrane barrier (application of Liquid Boot), a passive venting system, and permanent sampling and detection probes above the membrane. An Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Agreement will ensure the school district will implement on-going operation, monitoring, data acquisition, reporting, and maintenance activities. The control measures, proposed under this alternative, are in accordance with DTSC's Advisory on Methane Assessment and Common Remedies at School Sites (June 2005) and meet or satisfy all applicable or relevant and appropriate requirements (ARARs) as identified in the RAW.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
School Property Evaluation and Cleanup Division 1011 N. Grandview Avenue
Glendale, CA 91201
Phone : (818) 551-2834
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15330
- Reasons for Exemption
- This activity is a mitigative action to be taken to prevent, minimize, stabilize, or eliminate the release or threat of release of a hazardous waste or substance, with the removal action costing approximately $920,000. The approved RAW includes a Mitigation Plan, and an Engineering Evaluation/Cost Analysis. Fieldwork will be conducted utilizing these engineering, administrative, and work practice controls. The project will not have a significant effect on the environment because the potential hazard and risk to occupants at the Site is considered very low. The proposed Riverpark-Legacy Intermediate School is not on the Hazardous Waste and Substances Sites List or in a sensitive cultural or biological resource area.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.