Bale Grist Mill Wheel and Flume Reconstruction
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Bale Grist Mill Wheel and Flume Reconstruction
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The historic wheel on the Bale Grist Mill, Napa County, is in need of reconstruction because the steel retaining bands around the perimeter of the wheel, along with the fasteners, did not properly hold the bands in place. Work includes removal/installation of steel retaining bands, wood rot correction, repair of the Bull Gear and installation of a new tail end of the flume. A broken wooden spoke will also be replaced. This project protects a cultural resource while enhancing interpretive opportunities.
- Contact Information
Marla S. Hastings
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (707) 938-9548 x22
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sections 15301, 15331
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of a minor alteration of an existing public structure involving no expansion of use beyond current levels and the maintenance of a historical structure in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring, and Reconstructing Historic Buildings (1995), Weeks and Grimmer, and enhances interpretive opportunities.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.