Native Tree Planting and Maintenance at Brannan Island - State Recreation Area
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Native Tree Planting and Maintenance at Brannan Island - State Recreation Area
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Plant 1100 Coast Live Oak and Sycamore trees at Brannan Island SRA. The trees are native species and seedlings have been grown from acorns and seeds collected in the intermediate vicinity of the park unit. Trees of the "15 gallon" size will be planted in holes no less than 18 inches deep by 30 inches wide. Seedlings may be planted in smaller holes which provide sufficient growing room. All trees will be double staked. The trees will be maintained for three years. Temporary irrigation will be installed as needed to water the trees. HART Inc. is completing this work under a contract with the Sacramento Tree Foundation. The District Resource Ecologist will review the planting locations prior to ground disturbance. Tree planting will not be conducted in areas at Brannan Island SRA which are used by Burrowing Owls. No cultural resources are present in the project area.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 988-0205
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of a minor alterations to land and is included as "resource management projects" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR § 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.