Espau Lagoon Beach Grass Removal
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Espau Lagoon Beach Grass Removal
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project is the removal of a maximum of 3 acres of European beach grass at the interface of the ocean and creek downstream from Espau lagoon. The purpose is to assess potential for the removal to improve coastal, dune and stream dynamics in this location. Plants will be dug to a depth of 2 feet using shovels or other hand tools. Removals near rare plants will be supervised by DPR-qualified natural resource specialists to ensure rare plants are protected.
- Contact Information
Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : 707/ 464-6101 x5380
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4, 6 - Section 15304, 06
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project is a minor public alteration in the condition of vegetation which does not remove healthy, mature, scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.